Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Days: Word of God Speak



Joining in with the 31 Days is a stretch for me.  When I started writing several years ago it was a way to record memories, a place to share my thoughts, a place to file away the days. Fast forward and it has been a journey of those things and more, but yet I don't have much to show for that.  Limited knowledge of code and some silly errors on my part and a good deal of my writing is floating away in cyberspace.  Other pieces through the years are places only my heart knows....be it the incredible friendships forged through baring your heart on the interwebs or the stories too tender too share.  All that to say, sweet Jessi shared her choice to join the 31 Day bloggers and I knew it was time to get back to writing.  In that moment that I knew I should join the thought, "word of God speak" popped into my mind.  As I processed that as a topic, the song of the same name by Mercy Me was brought to my mind.


The beginning lyrics convey exactly what I will be writing about...inadvertently what God is speaking to me.

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say

I first shared of my 31 Day topic on Instagram, sharing that most recently I have been vacant from this place due to some trials I have endured in the last few years.  Heartache is more like it.  I am not a victim, because for as mush as I have endured I have been responsible for my own misjudgements, careless words, unforgiveness, the list is long.  In this time away I have lamented, I have prayed, I have called on the Father and I have wept.  And, so I want to practice even more intentionality and in turn transparency with 31 Days of letting the Lord speak. I intend to wait on him, to seek his face and share the journey.  I have no idea what that will look like.  Maybe a quote, a scripture, a song, a blog post will be shared and how it spoke to me...maybe something entirely different.  What I do know is I am expectant.  He is trustworthy to give my burdens to and he is worthy to lavish my praise on. Yes, word of God speak.

Photobucket

0 comments: