Thursday, October 15, 2009

brain is in slow mo, calendar in full swing

I am a yes kinda girl. Every social, church, family, kid, volunteer, random opportunity that comes my way is typically met with a resounding yes. It's not a bad thing until it mucks up my priorities. Lately, I've had to learn to force my hand down...visualize me fighting myself against the urge to raise my hand, yep actually wrestling myself to the ground...that's me. I find myself telling people two things...OFTEN. 1. I'm twice (if not more than that) as busy as when I was working full time. And, 2. We are still trying to find our rhythm. I'm okay with that, with in reason. I'm working toward not over stretching myself and my family and in turn it's helping me build substance to our schedule. It definitely feels unnatural, but is so worth it.

I'm loving homeschooling. I love teaching my kiddos. I love investing in their future. I love creating a haven out of my home for my kiddos and my hubby. I love being the one who cheers along victories and sweeps away tears! It's an awesome feeling, when each tender moment I share with my children God reminds me of two things. 1. I made you to do this, be this, experience this...awesome! And, 2. If I wasn't home I would miss it all...whoa! I'm in awe everyday, of how I feel myself being shaped into who God has called me to be. These last few months have been a spiritual journey that has ignited a fresh peace over my life!

I've really felt the nudge to press in, hear his voice and hold open my hands to the manna that he is dropping from Heaven. I feel nourished, like never before and I love it! I would love nuggets of wisdom on how you do these things with God. With this new season, I think my worship, quiet time, and hopefully my walk will be different.

So, with that I hope to blog more...I really started this to connect with other believers and share my heart. In the process I have developed a few ideas about a side business, so stay tuned for a roll out. In the meantime, thank you very much Julia for the blog award (check it out on my side bar)...made me smile and gave me the boost of motivation I needed!

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Nanny (Melissa's aunt) said...

Beautiful stuff - words, graphics, encouragement. I love it all!

momstheword said...

When I first got married, I couldn't say no and asked my hubby if I could use him as an excuse, so I would say "my hubby said no."

That worked until my husband felt like people would think he was mean, and he also felt I need to learn to say no.

I eventually learned and am glad I did, because like you said, it can really mess with your priorities. All of a sudden, everybody else's priority is your priority, and yours gets lost.

My friend, on the other hand, just likes to be busy. I mean really busy. So she just does everything because she thinks it's boring not to, lol!

I love homeschooling too, and will miss it someday.

The Mathews Family said...

Love your blog...

ragamuffinbeauties said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the love! Trying to be more consistent with blogging...the love helps!